Purpose of Grand test

 For GT, I would suggest one thing  that I follow and suggested my friend and junior and it has helped them to improve. "Know your reason behind giving every GT"

If your focus is on marks and correct always it is bound to feel stuck.

Take 9 month of prep as an example - 

1.Initial phase(March when I started prep (newbee)  = I have one baseline GT.

 Then each month 2 GT to "Get myself acquainted with real exams habit and how my mind works"


In sept I completed one good reading with GT and Mcq

Now sept Oct every week end I give GT to assess my correct and wrong. When my GT score got stuck my mentor advised me to look at wrong ones and it helped. I got +25 question(100marks) correct in one month (when pattern was 300 ques)

Last 2nd month  nov I used GT for competitive assessment.If went bad I thank God it is not real exam. 😅(To see where I stand) (But I don't bother much because I know exam hall is different ball game)

Last month I have GT with purpose of improvement extra bit with time management. 


By the time you have given GT till last two month. You have enough data to assess your skills about guess work, changed answer 

I liked marrow feature that they introduced in 2019 August end the tracker of GT percentile and overall weak and strong subject. That helped me analyse ki I would never score less than 700 any paper come tough to easy . (300 ques pattern)


Last month initial  2 week before exam I gave 2 more source mock (Dams and Bhatia) to remove bias I would have unknowingly developed by one source GT.

 

Hope it helps.

Comments

  1. keep posting such blogs ma'am. it really helps. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a revision plan?

Glimpse into my plan for "Last 18 Days to NEET PG"

Topics to study before exams!-Part 1